Saturday, October 9, 2010

Betsy Who Cried Wolf by Gail Carson Levine

Can I just say... I love everything Gail Carson Levine writes? I've never read anything by her that disappointed me. And that's always just nice to find an author like that.

Betsy Who Cried Wolf is one of her picture books, illustrated by Scott Nash, who captures the warmth and humor of the story perfectly.


My favorite part of this variant was that Betsy knows the story of the Boy Who Cried Wolf, giving her some clues as to how to act. She gets tricked by the wolf, not just causing mischief. Fortunately, she comes up with her own solution.

If you enjoy picture books, this is a great one for a fairy tale/folklore collection.


Also, Levine has a wonderful blog where she answers questions about writing every Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment