Monday, December 20, 2010

When Santa Fell to Earth by Cornelia Funke

Tired of a fat, old Santa pulled by eight reindeer? Of one man making the rounds of the entire earth in a single night? Of jolly elves making toys at the north pole? Well, who really gets TIRED of that?

BUT if you would like a variation on the Santa Claus mythology, perhaps you might enjoy When Santa Fell to Earth, by Cornelia Funke, a fresh take on how Santa gets to everyone in one night.

When Santa Fell to Earth

I read through this in one delightful sitting, so I'd recommend it as a quick read for a holiday afternoon, or as something to share with children as a chapter-a-day read through the holiday season. It's imaginative, fresh, funny, and sweet, and a perfect Christmas treat.

http://www.corneliafunke.de/en/index.html


2 comments:

  1. Have you read The Legend of Holly Claus? If so, could you review it? And if not, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?? lol. It's fabulous, one of my favorite books, but I want to read your thoughts on it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm I haven't read it. It's on my list but I never get around to it before Christmas and I guess it just seemed silly to read it after Christmas!

    I'll try to get to it before next year though... :D

    ReplyDelete