Monday, August 30, 2010

Isis by Douglas Clegg

Isis isn't as much of a direct fairy tale retelling as what I normally review here, but it does involve an element of Egyptian mythology, so I thought I would include it in case any of you were interested.

Iris is a young girl who loses her brother in a tragic accident. That same accident opens her up to possibilities she had previous been unaware of. The "open window" in her soul allows her to access mystical forces that she couldn't reach before -- and probably shouldn't reach now.

Isis

Described as "a tale of sibling love gone awry," this story is definitely scarier than the average book on my reading list. Not in a gory or gratuitous way, but the creep-factor definitely got to me in the end.

Check out more of Douglas Clegg's work at his website.

No comments:

Post a Comment